Saturday, May 1, 2010

P+F (P) = L

Today I was at a work conference. One of the workshops I took was all about play and learning. The facilitator talked about an equation. And it made sense to me, Play + Fun (which is Pleasure) = Learning!

It's okay to have fun when you are learning. It works with kids, so why can't it work with adults? Well it can!!!

I found something that brings me great pleasure, it's dance. And since it's like playing when I'm dancing, I'm having fun, and therefore I'm learning. I'm learning more difficult choreography and able to do it. Yes I have to practice, but it's fun practicing.

I also love inspiring other women to be fully who they are and accept their own wisdom, beauty, and grace. To do this through dance, Burlesque in particular. "Awakening Goddess" will be out in the community inspiring other women. And it won't feel like work to me because it's something I love doing, and it's fun! Think about it.....what do you like to do? What brings you pleasure? What if you could do that and create a living out of it?

And you can too! What do you like to do? What brings you pleasure? How can you work that into a way to learn things?

I've worked with children, and have been able to connect with them to learn math by finding out what they are passionate about. It was hockey. So we worked up an idea to learn the lesson for that day and use hockey to do it.

Find below a video I found on you-tube all about dance. Some of the quotes are amazing! They give me the chills! I do not own this video or the music.

2 comments:

Sadie Allie said...

Thank you for sharing this video..loved it! I embrace the dance my spirit engages in everyday of my life.......exhilarating!

Aime said...

Thank you Sadie....keep on dancing!