Saturday, May 29, 2010

What does it mean to Hibernate?

For the most part this weekend, I've chosen to go into hibernation mode. What does this mean?

Well for me, it means to slow down and stay in my apartment and stay in my p.j.'s for the most part. Just to take time for myself. To sleep in, and relax.

I might have a bath, do some sacred body movement, drink some tea. Just do things that nourish my soul. Today, I did go out for brunch with a Goddess Sister had wonderful conversation, went grocery shopping, and now am back home relaxing and enjoying my time of hibernation. Being with my Goddess Sisters nourishes my soul.

Many women are so busy that they forget to slow down and go into hibernation mode. Some women look after their family, and put others first instead of themselves. In extreme situations, some women may even burn out and become harmful to themselves. They may over eat, over shop, or self medicate with a number of different substances.

So when I have some down time, I take full advantage of it. I like the business of my life, I love being of service to others, inspiring others during my day. But to be fully at my best, I have to replenish myself. To do things that make my soul rest.

When was the last time you slowed down and really rest, replenish your soul? I encourage you to do this.

Here's a great video about the sacred feminine called I Goddess. I found it on you-tube. Enjoy!

No comments: