Sunday, April 4, 2010

Self Love

Okay Goddesses....let's get real....how often do yo tell yourself that you love you? How often do you say to yourself "I love you!" I know for myself I don't do it enough! I maybe tell myself "I love you" once a week, if that.

I was in the bath tonight having a wonderful soak when I had a piece of music going while having my soak. The words of the music was "Opening my eyes, I realize, I love you."

Those words really hit me. I was saying them to myself. I let the emotions flow through me. Saying to myself that I love me, is a tricky one.

I'm not the first woman in the world who's delt with body issues. Why do we as women do that to ourselves? We should learn to love our big hips, round breasts, and amazing asses!

I know one way that has helped me is dancing again. Dancing with the ladies from the Sizzle Girls and Calgary Burlresquercise, has helped me a lot. In the first lesson about a year and a half ago, my teacher (at that point, who I thought was crazy) said to us to just move our chest. It was a weird feeling! So to keep feeling great about myself, I'm going to keep dancing and shaking body parts that shake.

All the world needs is love, and we need it too! We can't forget ourselves! We need love too!

I heard from one of my teachers that if we want to change the world, we first have to change ourselves!

No comments: