Sunday, April 25, 2010

Open Heart

A little over a year ago, I spoke my truth to one of the girls who I dance with. I don't actually dance with her, she's in a level above me in this moment, but when I was speaking my truth to her I was in level 2 and she was in 4. I was helping my dance teacher with her level 1 class when she came into help as well. My teacher, myself (in level 2) and her in level 4 were demonstrating a walking drill. I took a breath and said to her that I aspire to be in level 4 with her, and I see her as a mentor to me. As well as if she ever has any guidance, tips, corrections to offer that I openly accept them.

Dancing is one of my passions, I love to dance and openly take guidance from my teacher and this other. So today when myself and the other Sizzle Girls (level 3) were having an extra practice my mentor came in for her own rehearsal/practice. She was watching us dance, and at one point called me over to her. She gave me some corrections and had me show her.

I thanked her lots and she said that if she sees me doing it again she was going to come over and smack me! I lovingly and openly said okay.

It's one thing to have an open heart when things are going smoothly, but it's completely another when one is given correction(s). Send love anyway, and keep an open heart, no matter the situation.

No comments: