Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Don't Settle for Less!

I am a 33 single Goddess!! I know there are many other single Goddess out there in the world. I've been single for a few years now. I was in a relationship with a good man, but we drifted apart.

When I was first telling others about not being in a romantic relationship with this man, I had another man who I trust and who is much older than me tell me "don't settle for less than what I know I deserve."

I've remembered that message from him. A year or so later, I created a list of qualities that I want in a man. With pictures from magazines of doing different activities.

Very recently I went on a date with a guy, there was some interest that I had, but as we were talking I found out that there's something that on my list that he doesn't meet.

I feel very empowered to stick to my guns, and keep to what I know I deserve. I'm not going to settle for less than what I know I deserve. Because I was given some flack about this "one thing" that he doesn't meet. I think knowing both who I am and what I want in a romantic relationship is important.

Where do you lessen your bar? Where do you think you need to raise it up? Because we are all worth it!

No comments: