Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To get out of negative thinking?

So tonight, I was at a workshop/seminar for work all about child suicide. Children as young as 6 planning out how to kill themselves and follow through with it successfully. It was a pretty heavy topic for 3.5hrs. Sort of left me feeling kind of negative and not to happy.

This time, I called a friend and we just talked about our day, and I told her what the seminar was about, but nothing further. I was able to distract my negative thoughts.

This got me thinking....how do I get myself out of negative thinking patterns. Because when I sometimes think of negative things I can over think them and get really down on myself.

It can be to the point sometimes that I have to physically slap myself on the wrist to get out of it. That's the extreme side of getting out of the negative thoughts.

On the lighter side, I'll turn on some happy music and dance, I'll take a bath, sometimes I'll call a friend and talk to her.

With the dance...it always makes me happy to dance, and I may start out crunchy and not very happy, but when I'm finished dancing I'm much more at peace with the world around me and in a better place in my mind! This picture of me smiling says it all!



Sometimes I'll watch mini video's on YouTube about positive thoughts, or inspirational quotes.

All women go through negative thought patterns. But the less of them we have the better we can be. Although, have you ever tried to be in a negative thought pattern and still be able to shine your love light out to the world? Give it a try....squeeze your had in a tight fist and hold it for a few moments, now try and send love through that hand squeeze out to others. It's a good practice!

Here's a mini video that I like to watch to help lift my spirits when I'm in a negative space. It's from the website A Knock at the Door. Beautiful artwork, music, and a positive uplifting message! Enjoy!

No comments: