Monday, March 15, 2010

Breaking through




This past weekend was the workshop called Sex, Passion, and Enlightenment. I first took this course back in 2006. It was a powerful experience when I first took it. It was the first time in my adult life where I had a temper tantrum.

This past weekend I was there as a volunteer staff. I've staffed the Sex, Passion, and Enlightenment a few times now. I always learn something about myself or breakthrough another barrier.

I had two break throughs this weekend. The first one was during one night, the ladies were all dancing and the men were standing in pairs foccussing on their partner. I was enjoying myself dancing and having a good time. There was a man who caught my eye, and he caught mine. When this happened, I had a moment of wanting to close my heart and light to the world. But instead, I stopped, took a breath and opened my heart back up. What has happened in the past, is that I'll close my heart and stop dancing and shining my love light.

The second one came as well when dancing with the women, and the men were still standing in partners. I had one of my Goddess mentors/sisters/teachers come up behind me and put her arms around my stomach and danced very close to me. I didn't jump or flinch, or get out of the situation. I have a large personal space bubble around me, with both men and women.

The two pictures above is of my two Teachers/Mentors. They have helped me get through some tough times. These two Goddesses lead the Women's Tent at Sex, Passion, and Enlightenment.

I am proud of myself for letting go and relaxing around others this weekend. Even today, I took time and replenished myself and had a one hour massage. I deserve it, because I am worth it!

When have you had taken that 2% step to open your heart more?

No comments: