Sunday, March 28, 2010

Choosing to trust

Last night I was at a Social dance hosted by the company where I take my Burlesque dance lessons/practices at. I've been going to them for a few months now. It's a lot of fun getting to meet new people and do dances with men.

With the Burlesque dancing that I do, it's with other women, in a line or other poses. As well as it's single dancing, not with a couple. So on occasion I'll know how to do the steps of a Salsa for example, but have never danced with a guy.

At the social dance, there is a lesson before the dancing. This time around it was a West Coast Swing. It's a fun dance to do. At one point the guy teaching the lesson said that the women need to close their eyes and let the man guide you. I had to take a really big breathe and center myself. He wants me to close my eyes and trust this man who I just met 5 seconds ago to lead me in the steps of the dance. I kept saying to myself over and over again, "I'm choosing to trust this man." I did to the task, I closed my eyes and let him guide me in the dance steps. It was a weird feeling, to let him push/pull me back and forth in the steps. I had to relax and just go with the flow.

Another point during the evening I was dancing during the social dance with a guy and he was leading me in the dance because I didn't know it quite well. He was counting and talking through it. At one point I was in front of him and he was behind me, he had a hold of my hands. I had to relax enough, and trust him to lead me through what he had planned for me to do. Sometimes it was leading into a turn, or some other pattern of steps. Again, I chose to trust the man to lead me in the dance. To give that sense of control over to him. Which is a big thing for me to be able to do.

Choosing to trust the masculine can be scary for some. I know it's scary for me. The thoughts of I don't want to get hurt again, or I want to know what's going on at all times. Or the thought of I want to be in control of what's happening. To surrender to the masculine, and drop into my feminine can be scary, especially when I've just met someone.

So how often do you choose to trust?

2 comments:

Esther said...

Hi Aime! Thank-you for your wonderful post, the last paragraph is very powerful. I am working at trusting others and one day, I hope to completely surrender and let go of the past that has hinder my trust in others!

Aime said...

Keep breathing Goddess! You can do it! I've also been working really hard on trusting others, especially the masculine!

Keep coming back to this blog, I hope to keep inspiring you and many many more. Tell your Sisters about this blog site. I have a facebook fan page with the same title as the blog page as well.