Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Selfhood and Compassion

Artemis Goddess of Selfhood

This morning during a week day, I sit at a coffee shop getting an opportunity to do some blogging.  I wish I could do this every morning, get up on my own time, head to a local coffee shop get a tea and do some blogging each morning. 

There has been so much going on in the world.  With the Great Mother being uneasy in the region of Japan being the latest unrest of the Great Mother.  I turned to my Goddess Oracle deck this morning for some comfort in what can I do.  Here's who flipped over in my pile today.  Artemis and Kuan Yin.  Interesting, very interesting.  Artemis has always been a favourite Goddess of mine, she's all about being free, living her passion(s), caring for the animals and forests.  First let me reflect more on Artemis......

In Amy Sophia M's book on page 26 from The Goddess Oracle is a poem:

I am who I am
and I know who I am
I can take care of myself
under all circumstances
and I can let others care for me
I can choose
There is no authority
higher than my own
my powers of discernment are finely honed
I am autonomous
I am free from the influence
of other's opinions
I am able to separate
that which needs separation
so a clear decision
can  be reached
I think for myself
I set my sights
and aim my bow
my arrows always find their mark.

It's interesting, selfhood, Artemis also speaks to me about giving time to me.  Asking me if I've been giving so much to others that I forget about myself.  Which is true.  I believe that part of the reason for me getting ill on Sunday/Monday is that I have been giving so much to others, that I forgot about myself.  Yesterday I slept almost the entire day away.

She also speaks to me about her arrow, and firing arrows to dreams.  I wrote about this already, it's huge though, I saw the power of love and dreams coming true for a friend of mine.  She didn't give up, and neither did we, making this wish/dream come true for a friend of a friend.  To live my passion, my dream for the world I know I'm doing the right thing.  My friend Lee wrote on her facebook status page this morning about what is your wish?  I was unable to answer her when I first saw her message. 

Now though, I'm starting to dream big again.  One dream of mine is to travel to all 3 points of this beautiful country of mine.  I'm close, I've been to Vancouver (need to get to Victoria, and Tofino), Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia (need to get to St. John's NFLD), the one up north is the tricky one I wish to get to Tuk-tu-uk-tuk in the N.W.T.

Another to travel to the Goddess Sacred sites of England and Ireland, to where the Lady of the Lake once lived.  To visit where the fairy's live, and dance in the magic of it all!

Other dreams I have are to meet specific people in person Sierra Bender (an awesome Goddess who wrote a book called Goddess To The Core), Wayne Dyer, Doreen Virtue, Oprah, Dr. Phil, Jillian Michaels.

I have business goals/dreams to for Awakening Goddess as well.  To have more days like today, to sit in a coffee shop and blog, write, connect via social media with others.  To be able to have enough income from Awakening Goddess to have my 2 bedroom apartment to myself again, to be able to cut down my 9 - 5 job and work part time 3 days a week no evenings.   To be in front of  large groups of women sharing my story, inspiring other women that they do have power, they are sensual. 

It's funny as I sit here just finishing writing this paragraph, I'm buzzing with energy, almost on the verge of  tears. All these dreams will come true, I believe it is so!

What are your big dreams?  Let your imagination go, and dream big!




Kuan Yin, Goddess of Compassion

Kuan Yin....similar to Artemis in a way is all about compassion.  Reminding me to have compassion for self, is what I am taking away from this reading.  I have plenty of compassion for other giving so much to others, that I forget to give to myself, to show compassion to myself.

Kuan Yin is a powerful Goddess from the East, she is seen as the "Mother Mary" in the catholic traditions from the West.  Many call to her for compassion for the world.  And frankly I think it's needed right now, with the unrest of the Great Mother in Kuan Yin's home land.

The Great Mother is shaking things up, she wants us to wake up!  She wants us to show up and live. 

Will you do that Sister?  Will you wake up with me, and show up to live?!?

No comments: