Monday, July 5, 2010

An afternoon by the river

So the other day on the weekend I spent a good portion of my time outside of the city sitting by the river out towards Canmore. Find below all my ramblings. Included in it are tarot/oracle readings and a poem that I wrote. Enjoy! When was the last time you spent 5hrs sitting alone in silence (for the most part) on Mother Earth??

1530hrs

I've come back to the same spot off the #1A Highway. It is very windy this afternoon. The ancestors must be busy or are glad that I am back. I'm at peace sitting out here on Mother Earth. I see all the swallows dive close to the river and it reminds me of being at Camp Adelaide my "home" Girl Guide Camp back in Ontario. It was always calming/peaceful to watch them swoop along the lake before all the kids would come in the morning.

There is one swallow that keeps on calling to me, she's along the shore line right now and pecking at the water. (As I sit here now blogging this post, I looked up the meaning of the swallow bird, it means coming home)

My intention is to stay out here over night. I did bring my sleeping bag and food. So we shall see. I have some oracle cards and stones with me as well.

1620hrs

Goddess Oracle Cards = I shuffled the deck and four fell out. I read it as the four body systems. Find below my readings

Spiritual Body = Maya (illusion)
Mental Body = Rhiannon (doubt)
Emotional Body = Morgan Le Fay (rhythms)
Physical Body = Nu Kua (order)

Goddess Amulets (stones) = Temple (Breakthrough, Awakening, Healing) I found this stone very interesting. I loved the reading from it. It talked about healing myself my physical health, to take time to get back to nature go for massages, go inward, to go into my body, to not do anything crazy physical activity/workout. I feel very drawn to the amulet right now. As I sit here and write this blog. It's like going through the doorway to being me, to living my dreams.

The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards = 36 = Sacred Journey Markers = Movement = Change for the better.

Osho Zen Tarot = Queen of Clouds = Morality

1800hrs

I went in the river. She was cold. I went in eventually up to my mid calves's. Glad I brought my Teva's. Had them on in the river.

I asked Mother Gaea to cleanse me, to take all the sickness away. I could feel the current against my legs. I could feel her against my skin. Her cool water healing me.

I did the yoga pose called "The Goddess" while in the water. I spoke aloud the 21st Century Goddess Mantra. I kept my eyes open when I did this. I actually struggled to do so. Felling like I was vulnerable in staying in that position. But I stayed with it. Find below a poem I wrote:

Yemaya I surrender to you.
Yemaya I surrender to your flow.
I let the waters heal me.
Yemaya wash away my pain.

Yemaya Mother ocean I come to you.
I enter your watery womb
with compassion and seeking renewal.
Yemaya I surrender to you.

Yemaya Mother ocean you are powerful.
Yemaya Mother Ocean you created your Sister Gaea.
Both of you have created me.

Yemaya I surrender to you.
Yemaya I surrender to your flow.
I let your waters heal me,
and birth me anew.

2015hrs

Still here sitting on Mother Goddess Earth. I feel very connected to spirit as the sun has been traveling across the sky today. However the thunder clouds are gathering in the West. I feel it's time for me to journey back to the city very soon. As well as another couple has found me out and I'm no longer alone. He is fishing, and she I'm guessing will be assisting him.

I have really enjoyed my afternoon/evening out here. I must do this again soon. Maybe there's another magic spot along the highway that I can sit on Mother Earth again by the river too.

No comments: