Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ask for what you deserve!



Goddesses! Sisters! Women everywhere!!! Stop being meek and ask for what you deserve!

I got into an argument with the doctor tonight at the clinic. I went back to see him because he was supposed to refill my antibiotics but didn't. I told him that he only put 7 days on the script but when we were talking last week he said 14 days. He wouldn't write me another script though, even with speaking my truth about the situation. And then he thought the size of the lotion medication I was also there to get more of, he thought it only came in the one size, but I've seen bigger tubes of the same medication. I was getting so frustrated. I almost brought out my "Kali" Goddess. Kali is a Hindu Goddess who would get so angry that she would cut the heads off of the men around her that weren't on purpose, among other things.

I am proud of myself to speaking my truth and asking for what I rightly deserved! I deserve to be healthy, and if at this moment some medications from the medical field will help me in this so be it. But when it's not given to me when I've asked for it there's a problem!

I'm to the point where I am choosing to find a new doctor. I did ask the ladies at the front desk about other clinics. They did say to hold on for a month or so, there is a new female doctor starting in August. So I agreed. I will just have to wait and see.

So where in your life have you not asked for what you deserve? Why are you still playing the "nice girl"? Are you afraid that you'll look weird? Get laughed at? Be told to be quiet? This was a great lesson and accomplishment for me, to realize to stand in my power to speak my truth and ask for what I know I deserve!

Growing up, I wasn't allowed to have a temper tantrum. I remember being told by my parents "Don't be like *Sally*, don't cause a scene." I was to be the "nice girl".

Well now screw that! I can be a "nice girl" yes. But I also can get angry and show my anger when appropriate. As Sierra Bender says in her mantra: "Don't ever mistake my kindness for weakness, and don't ever take me for granted."

I leave you tonight with this video from You-Tube. The theme song from the Olympics here in Canada this past winter. The words of the song are very powerful.

I Believe music official video

No comments: