Sunday, September 19, 2010

Huge break through

Today I had a professional photo shoot.  To be more specific I did a boudoir photo shoot.  I took a huge step to break out of my comfort zone to really see myself as the beautiful Goddess that I am.

It was a huge challenge for me.  I was really nervous to start with.  But Shauna and Sheldon from Impressive Photography helped me feel safe, supported and respected.  I took these photo's for me.  To celebrate my wins.  To really see myself as the beautiful Goddess that I am.

It was a wonderful experience, as I breathed through the experience I had small snippets of  "oh my gosh".  Growing up being severely teased called ugly, fat, stupid, and many other words, use your imagination, my self esteem of my own beauty wasn't very high.

While in University living/surviving through the abusive relationship put my self esteem in the toilet.  Being controlled by my at that time boyfriend with every move I did has really played on my self confidence.

I also had issues even till a few years ago of feeling like the "fat sister", I was a size 16 - 18 a few years ago.  Now I celebrate being the size 11, yes I'm not done my journey but I need to celebrate the small steps.

But I think one of the biggest wins I had during the photo shoot was being able to do the photo shoot in front of others.  The beautiful Shauna and her husband Sheldon.  Especially Sheldon, with him being in the room when I was in my bra/undies as well as the other photo shoot with just using my boa strategically placed by Shauna.  Because I am well blessed in my chest I am very self conscious about my chest.  I really had to breath through this part, but I did it and what I've seen of the photo's from the camera they look really amazing!

Finally I wouldn't have dreamed of doing anything like this since before doing Burlesque dancing.  But doing the dancing has really fast tracked my ability to love myself, and raise my confidence in myself.  I felt powerful, confident, in control, and sexy during the photo shoot!  And I know I did all the work on myself, but I really do thank all my teachers, friends, family who've supported me in my growth and healing.

I highly recommend all Goddesses to go and see Shauna and and Sheldon, they will treat you like a super model and an amazing Goddess that you all are!

No comments: