Friday, June 25, 2010

Reconnecting to Spirit and the Great Mother

Tonight I decided to go for a walk, well the walk ended up as a drive. I found myself driving out one of the highways west towards the mountains. I pulled over along the highway, I sat by the river and did some practices of reflection and meditation. Find below my reflections:

I'm out in the sanctuary of the Mother goddess. Mother Earth herself. I've found a spot off the highway. It's right on the Bow River. I sit surrounded by the wild grass and the rocks at the bank of the river. Across the river are pine tree's. I can hear the songs of Mother Goddess. The birds and the lapping water on the rocks. Near by there is also a little stream and a little waterfall.

Looking across the river at the stand of trees I can begin to see faces in the trees. I have come "home" to part of my body, my spirit body. I feel I can rest here. The faces in the trees are friendly. They stand tall and straight. Reminding me that I am able to stand tall but also move with the way the wind wants me to bend.

The flow of the water reminds me of exactly that. To let myself flow with the energies of Mother Earth. To trust that She will guide me on the right path. And she'll let me know when I'm not.

Oh Great Mother I see you
Oh Great Mother I feel you
Hold me gently with your arms so wide
Guide me through, I'll be at your side.
I'll listen, to your wisdom.
Oh Great Mother I see you
Oh Great Mother I feel you.

To come back to nature and sit in the arms of the Great Mother is something I'll keep doing. To sit in the silence and listen to her voice, to spirit. I know my path of inspiring women to be fully who they are and accept their own wisdom, beauty and grace will also heal me.

My ego has been quiet this entire time. The "itty bitty shitty committee" has not come up at all while sitting on the Great Mother by the river. I feel at peace, calm, relaxed and connected to all my dreams. Seeing them come into reality.

I am love, I am a divine Goddess who moves like the ocean with all her emotions.

"I am feminine.
I am sensual.
I am sexual.
I am powerful.
Don't ever mistake my kindness for weakness, and don't EVER take me for granted!" ~ Sierra Bender

On the way home, I saw the beautiful moon arising for the night, full and beautiful. It was a wonderful experience to see her rise above me as I came back to the city.

No comments: