Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Doctor's don't always know...

Okay, so tonight I was back at the doctor's to find out the test results from the test that I had on Friday. I have a bacteria infection in my stomach. I asked how did it happen to the doctor. His response? He didn't know, it was one of those "medical mysteries".

I could have gotten it anywhere. From stress, lack of sleep, from one of the kids at my day care, from the person in line at the grocery store. Or a combo of all of the above!

I think part of the message from my body to me was to slow down and rest! I go go go so much, that I don't take time to slow down and rest. It was kind of like a "hit to the head" with a rock, not a very big one, but still enough to make me stop and think. As well as listen to my body, I knew something wasn't right with it, so I went looking for help. Yes it was medical help, which is needed in the world, but I could have gone and asked for other kinds of help.

I'm reading an amazing book by an amazing Goddess, her name is Sierra Bender, she has a book out that I highly recommend for all Goddesses to read. It's called "Goddess to the Core", it's a fitness book for all four of the bodies. The emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical bodies.

There are many gems in this book that I might blog about every now and then. Right now, it's the message of slow down. Get out into nature as well, we had a pretty wicked rain storm today and yesterday. As I was walking to my car both times after the rain I said out loud "Thank you Mother Earth!" The rain smell was so intense, it was a wonderful smell. Today even I saw a double rainbow. It was so pretty!

The part that I'm reading is about the mental body. Lots of it has to do with the ego. That little "internal editor" or as Sierra likes to call it the "itty bitty shitty committee". (IBSC) I still deal with my own IBSC, every now and then, it's not as bad now. When I do hear it talking to me, I say thank you and then give it a job. Yesterday it came up while at dance practice. I was having body self love issues. It's job for me was to go and find something to clean my pink dye off of my body with (I got hot pink dye on me from the boa).

So yes, doctor's don't always know everything, they are sometimes still learning about the different illnesses, diseases, infections that can happen to people.

But what are you doing? Are you listening to your body? Do you hear the little taps on your head? Or are you waiting for the big two by four log to whack you on the head? I had the "in between" the road tap this time, but I have had the two by four log as well.

No comments: