Saturday, June 19, 2010

Unleashing Your Inner Magnificence

I have come across a web site that was looking for submissions by women for articles about personal awakening. If selected my story would be published in their e-book, called Unleashing your Inner Magnificence. The website is: http://www.wisdomforwomenebooks.com/home/

So find below the article that I wrote, I am a powerful Goddess, a Warrior Goddess when the time is needed.


I’ve been doing personal growth work for a few years now. I've completed workshops such as working on myself in many different areas for example, relationships, inner self, and so on. But nothing prepared me for a course that I took a few years ago. It was where I truly realized my own awakening, power and strength.

It was July 2007, I was about to embark on the course Awakening of the WarriorSage. It would be 5 days of being out in the mountains, living in a “world” of Camelot, where men were knights, and women were priestesses. Each day there would be an activity for each group to partake in, that would bring us closer to realizing our own awakening.

Okay I thought how is this going to work? What sort of activities will we be doing? Well, was I in for the ride of my life! The first day we were tested by the element of Fire, sitting through a very hot activity, I never knew I could sweat that much! I laughed with my group and saying that if we can handle this, we can handle anything. And boy was I right!

The second day of activities we were tested by the element of Water. In this activity there was some cliff jumping involved. I jumped off the first cliff with little problem. The second one however, was more challenging. It took me a long time to get up the courage to stand at that cliff and jump. One of the leaders looked at me and asked what was I jumping into our away from? I said that I am jumping into my power, and own strength. Never would I have known that jumping into that would I need it so soon.

The final day of the activities our group was tested in the element of Earth. I was thinking, Earth, ok...nature walk? Team building challenge course in the woods? No I was way off the mark on this one. We were led back into the main meeting hall where we had to sit in silence. It was 5 hours of pure hell. I cried the entire time. I had memories/flash backs of an abusive relationship. We were put through situations and activities that I really didn’t want to go through. However I pushed through found my own inner strength inside me, as well as a powerful Warrior Goddess from deep within myself. I connected to Mother Earth, drew upon her energy and came out the other side feeling a sense of knowing my own strength and personal power.
On the final day we had a big gala celebration. Our group did a skit of the week’s events, when we came to the portion of the Earth Element I got up in front of everyone there, staff, and fellow participants and grounded myself, took a huge deep breath and yelled very loud “I am strong, I do have power!”. The entire room erupted into cheers and applause.

It was here at the Awakening of the WarriorSage especially the Earth element that I had my personal awakening, I was able to finally realize that I am powerful, that I am strong. I live my days now with a confidence that no one can ever take from me again! There’s a quote by an amazing Goddess Warrior that I wish to share, it’s from Sierra Bender the founder of Goddess Boot camp, and the author of Goddess to the Core “I am feminine. I am sensual. I am sexual. I am powerful. Don't ever mistake my kindness for weakness and don't ever take me for granted."

I am a powerful Goddess; the Warrior Goddess in me can come out when she needs to. I will fight for my loved ones and never give up in anything that I do ever again!

No comments: