Tuesday, February 1, 2011

putting self out there

Yesterday afternoon, I had a wonderful phone chat with a beautiful Goddess Sister.  We talked about many things, I wanted to share this one topic more.  We talked about putting self out there, really letting our lights shine and be seen.

We both agree that it's scary to really put ourselves out there.  To speak my truth, I've been put down so many times for shining my light, or putting myself out there.  Every time though, I dust myself off and get back up.  Yes I may get up slowly and lean on others for support, but do it.  I eventually stand on my own.  I don't need fixing, I'm not broken.

Here's a quote from a brilliant Goddess who I am so honoured to know.  "A brilliant woman knows she will have raving fans and may also have harsh critics. Remember, if people spread negative gossip about you it means they are only afraid of your light. :) Keep shining!"

As it says, for the amazing number of raving fans one may have, she may also have harsh critics as well.  It's those critics that are actually afraid of you.  This is a good thing to remember.  The critics may be really good friends perhaps.  It's good to keep in a circle of friends who believe in you and support your dreams/goals.  Yes they may give you a dose of reality from time to time, but they do it from a place of love.  I've come into a new circle of amazing, brilliant, and loving Goddesses.  They do just what I said above, support your dreams/goals, believe in you, and also give a dose of reality from a place of love.

It makes me think, growing up I was severely bullied from grades 4 till 8 on a daily basis.  For many reasons, take your pick, for being in Girl Guides, for still using my imagination and dreaming, for the way I look, that I did ballet, the list could go on and on!  Maybe, just maybe all those in grade school who teased me did it because they were afraid of my light even then.  We didn't know the words to describe it in grade 4, perhaps though that was what they were really thinking. 

Yes I danced ballet for 11 years!  And was a member of Girl Guides up until about 10 years ago actually.  It was fun to "make-believe" then, and it is now.  When was the last time you played with play-dough or a pretend cooking set??  I did today!  I am remembering to let myself dream big. 

So I'll continue to put myself out there, yes there may be critics that will put me down, or tell me to dim my light.  However, I bow to them with love say thank you and keep going. 

How will you today put yourself out there??


Find below a couple of pictures of me when I was younger (much younger!)


My Sister (the shorter one) and I at Camp Adelaide, the Girl Guide Camp we went to every summer!


My best friend growing up!  I'm on the left!  We met in ballet class when we were 3 and are still friends today!


No comments: