Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Victim

This morning, I pulled a Goddess card.  I was shocked when I saw who flipped over in my hand.  It was Sedna, she's an Inuit Goddess of the Oceans.  She also represents "victim".  This is why I was shocked when she flipped over.

I've been working crazy hard to drop all thoughts of "victim" mode.  However the reason why she flipped over came true at work today.

I am working tomorrow at the day care.  My old boss phoned to double check that I knew.  I said yes, she was trying to hand up the phone when I asked on the time a 8hr day or a 9hr day?  Normally I would have just said okay yes.  Then later on in the day my now supervisor was asking on who was doing child care for different classes that we offer.  I said I was.  I sat with that for a moment, then sent a memo to my supervisor.  I stood up for myself and spoke my truth.  I told her that I for the rest of the year will not be able to work 2 nights per month late in any situation.  I don't have kids who have commitments, this is for me, my commitments to myself and growing Awakening Goddess.  Making connections with other amazing people.

It felt so good stepping into my self power and speaking my truth at work.

Find below a video I found on You-Tube about the Goddess Sedna.



When was the last time you spoke your truth in a difficult situation, where normally you wouldn't have?  Step out of victim and into power!  I am powerful!  You are powerful!

No comments: