Sunday, January 30, 2011

And the cards said....

Last night I was using my "The Goddess Oracle" cards by Amy Sophia Marashinsky.  They are a beautiful deck of oracle cards.  Each card has a beautiful water colour illustration of a Goddess.  In the book each Goddess has a poem, mythology, meaning of the card, and a ritual suggestion.

It was rather interesting on what cards fell out of the deck, I was shuffling them and I asked for "one of you".  Instead 5 fell out of the deck instead!  Who fell out were amazing, and I want to share who fell out and my thoughts around it.

The first to fall out was Sophia, the Goddess of Wisdom.  She says that we each have the answers we are looking for inside us all.  Each of us know the answers, we just need to slow down go inward ask the questions, then wait for the response.  A wonderful Goddess said this to me the other night, a reminder that all my answers are with in me.  I just have to stop and listen to them!

The second to fall out was Cerridwen, the Goddess of Death and Rebirth.  She talks about cycles, on how some maybe have ended and now you are rebirthing and changing/starting a new cycle.  Wow!  Is what I thought when this one fell out of the deck.  I had a long time cycle end with not going back to dance, and I'm birthing my business of Awakening Goddess.  It's amazing really.  I know I'm on the right path!

The third to fall out was Yemaya, the Goddess of Surrender.  She says that we each need to surrender into things, to let go and trust.  Well, I've been doing that a ton these past few weeks!  Surrendering to the process of what all is going on.  To trust the Universe to lead me in the right direction.  I've trusted and let go, and so many wonderful things are opening up to me.

The fourth to fall out was Matt, the Goddess of Justice.  She speaks about bringing justice into your life.  This was interesting.   Taking care of myself, my "inner justice system" sometimes plays havoc on my dreams and goals.  It's also called the "ego", the negative self talk, and self put downs.  The ego can be a tricky little bugger, most of the time I think I have it covered, but then something will pop into my head that I start to question myself.

And finally the last to fall out of the deck was Lady of the Beasts, the Goddess of Relationships.  She speaks about just that relationships.  To nurture the relationships that I have maybe just started or have had for a very long time.  She also speaks about relationships that maybe toxic or harmful to me as well.  This card again had me going "Wow".  I have connected with so many amazing people of the past few weeks, I've developed relationships with.  I have to remember to keep nurturing those new relationships, and also give attention to relationships that I've had for a long time.  Then there are the ones that are toxic or harmful to me.  We all have them, just need to really look at all of our relationships and decide if they are helpful or hurtful.

So that's what I got out of my cards from last night.  That I am wise, to birth Awakening Goddess, to surrender to the process, have self justice (not beat myself up), and to keep relationships with others strong!

What do you feel you need to concentrate on?  When you dream, how much of it is dreaming big?  Do you listen to the signs?

No comments: