Sunday, October 10, 2010

Social Dance Trust

Last night I went out to a social dance.  I try to go when ever they are hosted at the studio where I have my practices for Burlesque.  It's such a fun place, the owners treat everyone like family.  I invite you to visit the website of DancEnergy.  Great atmosphere, everyone is so friendly!

Since it was my birthday on Wednesday at the dance last night we celebrated my birthday too!  Before the day of the dance I requested a song to be placed on the dance list called Amie, it is sung by Lone Star and the original version is by Pure Prarie League.  Growing up my Dad would sing this song to me, and we would dance together, normally me standing on his feet! 

Gerald the owner of DancEnergy was able to find the song and said we could dance to it.  Little did I know what he really meant!  Just before the song played, the music stopped last night, and Dale the other owner of DancEnergy was on the microphone, asking for me to come to the dance floor, and everyone else leave.  I stood there breathing everyone in and sending love out.  Gerald came over and we started dancing with everyone watching!  It was a two step, and not my forte!  Then out of the corner of my eye I saw another man step onto the dance floor, he took over from Gerald and started to lead me around the dance floor, still with everyone watching!  This happened about 6 times!  Being led around the dance floor by these 6 men was a thrilling experience!

I had to totally let go and surrender to what was happening and just let myself flow.  I also had to trust the masculine 100%.  To trust that he'll lead me in the right direction, not let me bump into anyone or anything, and direct me in the dance.  I kept breathing and let myself flow with the music.  A couple of the guys I danced with I had either just met, or did not know them at all.  And that took going too, to dance with a man who I know only very little or not at all was a pretty big step for me.  Trusting the masculine is something I have to relax and practice lots with.  I have to let him be in control, and take his guidance.

Where in your life do you have to relax and trust??

No comments: