Monday, January 3, 2011

Men write books, Women get out there and do it!



So I had another "ah ha" moment a couple of hours ago.  And wanted to blog about it!  My amazing coach posted our  group pictures from our Burlesque Cabaret Christmas Gala today and I came to an interesting realization.

It seems that a lot of the time, when women get brilliant ideas about sharing their gifts for the world they go out and do it, share it with the world.  Men on the other hand, will most of the time get their amazing brilliant ideas and then sit down and write a book about it!

For the past 4 years now (with the new year just starting) I've been dancing with Burlesquercise.  First starting out in Level One and taking steps up the ladder to be now with the Level Three performance group called "The Sizzle Girls".  When I share with others that I do the Burlesque dancing and perform it out in public, I get many different responses from both women and men.  Mostly the comments are very positive.   The women share with me that they would never have the courage to get out there and do the performances in public.  Some women even share with me that they don't even have the courage to be in the group classes.

It takes a lot of courage to do what we do in the performance troops.  To dance the way we do in front of a crowd, many times there are only one or two people in the audience that I may know.  It's powerful to dance in front of others.  To inspire women that they can be sexy no matter what they look like, that they can dance in a sultry way.

The performance troops are out there doing it, not sitting back and writing a book about it!  We are spreading sexiness in a professional way. 

That is also what I am doing with Awakening Goddess, I am yes writing a blog, but also being out in the community doing it.  Sharing my gift of love/my passion/ my purpose out into the world. 

I invite you Sister, to have your amazing brilliant ideas, and then get out there and do  them! 

Find below a slide show video I made of the amazing coyote's from the Sizzle Girls troop that I dance with.  The slide show has the music of what we danced to that night, a cut/arranged version of Speak No Americano. 


2 comments:

Pearl Bliss said...

I like the pic of you all in black - excellent, sassy, sexy gals! Keep dancing up a storm!

Aime said...

Thank you Pearl!