Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions Bah! Humbug!!

Tonight is yet another magical night of the Holiday season.  It is New Year's Eve.  For the past few days friends of mine have been posting about setting New Year's Eve resolutions.  And to that I say Bah!  Humbug!

Yes you read that right!  How many people actually set New Years resolutions and stick to them?  The percentage of it is quite low.  Rather than setting resolutions, I like to make New Years intentions!

Tonight instead of going out to celebrate with friends, I chose to stay in.  I had a lovely day, spent it in my p.j.'s and surfing the net/facebook, and watching some TV and a movie.  At about 10:30pm I turned off most of the lights in my apartment, and lit the candles.  I even lit them in the bathroom.  I decided to do a ritual for the New Year for my intentions.  I had an amazing hot shower by candle light.  Just washed me with lavender body wash.  I also while in the shower dunked myself  seven times.  It is said that to cleanse your spirit/soul to dunk in water seven times.  This washes away all negative energy and brings your soul back to having a clean slate.  It was interesting as on the 30th I also went to the spa and did a body scrub treatment.  It was lovely, it was like scrubbing away all  the dead skin and energy from 2010 so I can enter 2011 with baby soft skin, and a clear energy.

After  the shower, I applied lotion to my skin, I took my time and really pressed the lotion into me, like pressing love into my skin. 

Coming into my living room, I have 4 coloured tea light holders, one green, one yellow, one red, and one blue.  One by one I lit those candles speaking words of welcome to each of the four directions and Goddesses.  Green for the North Earth Goddesses (Artimes), yellow for the East Air Goddesses (Rhinanna), red for the South Fire Goddesses (Pele), and blue for the West Water Goddesses (Oya).  I also have a purple candle in the middle for the Great Mother Goddess (Gaia).  I set my intentions for the New Year.  I thanked the Goddesses for their elemental power.

Finally I rose from kneeling at my candles and danced to the music I had playing, no words in the music, just lots of different sounds/music.  I felt the power rise up in me I felt the energy rise from within.  I grounded my intentions into my dance.  It was nothing special the dance, just moving my body they way it felt like in the moment, to moment, to moment.  Sacred body movement I like to call it.

With the last 15min of 2010 as I sit here, I am grateful for all the abundance in my life.  I thank you those who support Awakening Goddess.  I feel all the love and support from others.  And I thank you.  May the New Year be the best that you can make it.  For everyone is wealthy, abundant, loved, and amazing! 

Thank you and see you all in 2011!!

No comments: