Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let it in!

So yet again I've not written in a few weeks, life has been keeping me very busy.  And with the holiday season upon us, things are going to become even more busier!

About a week ago, I was feeling really low and reached out for help from others.  As well as others reached out to me.  One beautiful Goddess called me one night and we had a great talk.  She called me out on some stuff that I do and maybe don't see or recognize that I am doing it.  We also talked about some things that I have been working on to keep growing and peeling away the layers of the lotus flower to be even more fully awakened. 

For example, one of them is a combination of asking for help in all areas of my life and also letting others help me.  Letting it in.  I am a pretty independent girl, I live on my own, take care of things myself.  I see myself as a strong woman, and I find it difficult to ask for help from others.  It to me feels vulnerable and weak to ask for help. 

This theme has come up a few times in the month of November.  I was at a friends house in BC and we were talking about this exact issue and she held me too it.  Meaning, that when even as something as simple as asking my friend to pass me my drink because I couldn't reach it.

My friend on the phone earlier this week and I talked about letting the help in as well.  She's inviting me/challenging me to drop my shell and let others help me.  As well to go along with this is to let the love of others in, my friends/family do love me, I just need to let their love in.  To remember that it's not weak asking for help.  It takes courage to ask for help.

Another thing we talked about was letting others get close to me.  This one I've been working on for a long time.  I can remember even in high school around 15yrs old doing something for swimming and learning a spinal precaution for a swimmer who has a neck injury.  You have to get your body/face really close to the swimmer who needs help.  I can remember my instructor saying to me "Aime, get closer to them."  So this has been an on going shell with me.  My friend on the phone suggested that perhaps it's coming from a past life of mine. 

Last night I was at a social dance learning an East Coast swing dance.  I became aware/noticed that I was struggling to let the guys into my bubble to dance, to dance you need to let the guy be close to you.  I just breathed and was aware of it.

So I want to encourage everyone to not be afraid to ask for help, and then to let the help in from others.  I know it's something I continue to work on. 

No comments: