Sunday, December 19, 2010

In the Mirror

A day or two ago, I was getting ready for a Christmas/Birthday party at a friends house.  I had just finished doing my make-up and took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror.  I thought to myself that I looked pretty hot all done up.  And then I said it out loud to myself.  I look hot!  It was an interesting experience.  I've never done that before.

How often do you do that?  Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you look amazing, or beautiful, or HOT!? 

It's apart of the self love, self care that I know I have to consciously practice.  To put the "editor" or "itty bitty shitty committee" away, and give it another job.  Women around the world struggle with this issue, letting their inner editor/saboteur control how they feel.  Well I say NO MORE!!!  Women, we are beautiful, no matter our age, skin type or what we look like in the mirror.  Our lights are radiant, we should let our light shine.  Who cares what that inner editor or itty bitty shitty committee says to us. 

I came across a song not too long ago by Katy Perry called "Firework".  The words in that song are pretty amazing!  In her song, she sings about letting the light shine from with in, and letting the firework inside you come out, and show others what you can do, and own the night.  That the energy of a firework has always been inside you, and it's time to let it out, to let the colours burst, and shoot across the sky like a firework!  Find the video below of the song.



This song speaks to me right now, not being afraid to shine my light, to explode my firework inside me. Doing what I love, I have a quote that says:  "Let what you do, be what you love!"  I love being an inspiration to others.  Especially women, inspiring them to be fully who they are.  Even ad mist all the curve balls that life may throw at us.  It just means we are growing.  I invite you to my website, I've made a few small changes over the past few weeks.  If you haven't been there in a while.  http://www.awakeninggoddess.com/

Let us all let our firework out and let the colours burst across the sky!  What a wonderful sight that would be!

No comments: